Offbeat Travel Experiences in Singapore
Singapore is one of the most visited destinations in the world. Home to glamorous shopping malls, buzzing nightclubs and gourmet restaurants, it’s a tourist haven blessed with plenty of sunshine.
However, if you are not the usual type, then why just settle for touristy stuff. Here are some quirky sights and offbeat tours that you can experience in Singapore:
1. The Fragment Room – Frustrated with your monotonous life? Well, take out all your frustration in this 30 minutes session in a private room where you can hulk-smash a box full of breakables.
2. Hiking the Southern Ridges Trail – Amidst the neck-breaking skyscrapers, lie this 10km scenic green trail where you can take an evening walk and escape from city life. In this trail you will come across Henderson Bridge, a space-age wave structure that forms Singapore’s highest pedestrian bridge.
3. City Tour in a Vintage Vespa – Sitting in a classic vintage Vespa Sidecar, you will be whisked through backstreets and suburbs to discover the secret parts of Singapore that many tourists fail to reach.
4. Float in a Donut – Float around in donut-shaped boat as the sunset illuminates the Singapore skyline. Wine and some snacks can also be arranged if you want to nibble.
5. Dine in the Night Sky–Cosy up in a private Cable Car Stardust Cabin and savour a fine 4-course dinner, as you take in an aerial view of Singapore's lights and splendour set against the romantic night sky.
6. Island Hopping – Not many people know that Singapore is actually an archipelago of 63 islands which gives you a wonderful opportunity to go island hopping on islands of Kusu& St John’s. Scuba diving is also possible if planned in advance.
7. Boggle your brain at ArtScience Museum – One of its kind, half-open lotus shaped museum hosts interactive and playful exhibitions that can entice people of all ages.
8. Become an Airstronaut - At Airzone, the world's first indoor suspended net playground, you'll be flying through the air on a major adrenaline rush.